umba is looking for an Operations Intern to join our team. We are seeking an individual who can perform various duties related to operations. The intern will be exposed to a great deal of challenging experiences that align with a startup that is scaling rapidly. Under the supervision of an assigned Manager, this position will be responsible for assisting with a range of operation roles within the business.
This position will include the following responsibilities:
• Participates in special projects to support the companies goals.
• Develops and maintains positive business relationships with associates.
• Provides administrative support for day-to-day business activities for the assigned department.
• Interacts with the team to provide support, gather information, and prepare all materials related to presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence, etc.
• Assists in the definition of project scope and objectives.
• Maintains confidential and specialized files, documents, and records.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Strategic and fast-paced thinker who quickly establishes and maintains credibility and trust.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good accounting proficiency
• Possesses a high degree of drive and tenacity with a proven track record of achieving results and possesses a strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Organized self-starter, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Needs to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Must be a U.S. citizen.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
umba Sales Executive
umba’s LoanPay solution is shaping the e-commerce landscape of tomorrow with the most complete and exciting financing solution in emerging markets. Join umba as a sales executive and join our team in selling our LoanPay solution to e-commerce customers across Kenya.
• Work within the umba sales team and with our representatives
• Responsible for the team meeting sales targets
• Growth of umba's LonaPay business throughout the territory covered
• Developing a new revenue stream for umba LoanPay
• Building a strong working relationship with other members on the sales team
• Responsible for developing the sales team through motivating, coaching and staff selection
· Manage the complete sales cycle and achieve revenue targets in your territory
· Execute business and territory plans focused on strategic umba sales activities
· people management/leadership experience in an IT Sales environment (10+ years) within Kenyan market
· previous Sales Manager experience is essential (+5 years)
· Delivery against previous sales targets set and effective selling techniques
· Demonstrate the ability to help employees follow through with key requirements for excellent performance and personal development
· The ability to understand and effectively respond to the customers issues and to build credibility and customer confidence in umba's capabilities
· Ability to deal with complex problems, understand evaluate risks, apply personal insight and experience to business situations
· Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with others
· Fluency in English and Swahili
· The ability to multi-task, progress several projects at the same time
· 3rd level education